UPDATE: The Tigers defeated Council Bluffs Abraham Lincoln, 49-6. Valley is now 7-0 on the season.
Check back later for more updates and statistics from the game.
PREVIOUSLY: The Class 4A first-ranked Valley High School varsity football team will host Council Bluffs Abraham Lincoln on Friday, Oct. 11, at Valley Stadium.
Kickoff is set for 7 p.m.
About the Game
The Tigers, who are unblemished with 6-0 record heading into Friday’s Week 7 matchup, are coming off a 52-13 win at Urbandale last week.
Council Bluffs Abraham Lincoln fell 58-21 last Friday against Ames, and is 1-5 on the year.
Themes of the Evening: Heroes Night and Pink Out
Members of the Clive, Windsor Heights, and West Des Moines fire and police departments, as well as those who have served or currently serve in the Iowa National Guard, Iowa Air National Guard, the U.S. Army and U.S. Marines, will be recognized throughout Friday’s game. Servicemen and servicewomen will receive free admission by wearing their uniform, badge, or having their military ID present. Accompanying families will still require a ticket for entrance.
Fans are also encouraged to wear pink to the game, as it is Pink Out at Valley Stadium in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Students who have a Student Activity Ticket (SAT or VAT) will get in for free. For fans who do not have a SAT or VAT, Tickets cost $6. Children pre-K and under receive free admission.
Valley Stadium Guidelines
Please remember and follow these guidelines when at Valley Stadium:
- All visiting spectators are asked to enter the stadium at the north entrance.
- Visitors sit on the east side of the stadium.
- Ticket booths are located at the north and west entrances of the stadium.
- Visitor concessions and restrooms are located in the northeast corner of the stadium.
- Ticket booths and gates will open at 5:30 p.m.
- There are no pass outs allowed at Valley Stadium.
- There will be no drop-offs. Elementary students must be accompanied by an adult to enter the stadium.
- Junior high and high school students may attend without an adult only if the present a valid student ID.
- All bags, purses, and backpacks entering the stadium will be checked. If you will be bringing any of these items with you to the stadium, please enter through the bag lines at the north and west gates.
- There will be no loitering behind the stands.
- There are no balls of any type allowed at Valley Stadium.
- No baby powder, confetti, artificial noise makers, masks, or signs allowed in student sections — home and away.
For fans unable to attend Friday’s game, a livestream will be made available courtesy of Central Iowa Sports Network. You can watch the game in the video player at the top.
Other Ways to Follow
Fans can also follow the action with live updates from @vhstigers on Twitter or listen to KWDM, Valley’s student radio station, for a live broadcast on 88.7-FM.