The Valley High School varsity baseball team will take on Southeast Polk on Monday, June 29, at Principal Park. The action is slated for a doubleheader, with Game 1 beginning at 5 p.m.
Tickets at Principal Park will cost $8. No Valley- or CIML-issued passes will be accepted. Children ages 3 and under will be admitted free.
There will be no cost to park. Please park in the west lot closest to the stadium, and teams and fans will enter the stadium through Gate B one hour before game time.
A concession stand will be open for fans at Principal Park.
A livestream will not be made available for the doubleheader, but fans can follow live stats via GameChanger.
Spectators and teams will continue to follow appropriate summer sports guidelines set by the Iowa Department of Education and Iowa High School Athletic Association. Principal Park has provided general safety guidance to keep teams and fans safe during Monday’s games.
Everyone attending an event at Principal Park is strongly encouraged to wear a face mask during your stay at the ballpark. Principal Park staff are required to wear face masks.
Approximately 2,000 seats will be made available at Principal Park. The main seating bowl has been adjusted to provide six feet of separation between blocks of seats around the main seating bowl. Based on the size of the sections and rows, seat blocks ranging from two seats to nine seats will be available for purchase. To maintain proper distance between seat groups, the following criteria was used:
- There are at least four empty seats between groups within the same row. If someone has an aisle seat in a section, there will be at least one empty seat on the other side of the aisle.
- There are at least two empty rows in front or behind each grouping of seats.
- There are no more than two groups per row so every group can enter and exit their seating area without crossing with another group of people.
- Unavailable seats will be secured in a locked position to prevent any person from compromising the integrity of the spacing.
Please pay attention to all posted signs and floor markings to help keep people six feet apart in common areas including ticket windows, entry gates, restrooms, and concession lines. The capacity of the ballpark will be limited to allow for safe distancing in all of these areas.
Elevator capacity will be restricted to no more than five people and those five people must be part of the same family or group that are part of the same seating group.
Restroom Distancing Policies
In addition to cleaning procedures, it is important to pay attention to markings for distancing and best practices for safe use of Principal Park’s
restroom facilities. Please be aware of the following guidelines for distancing inside the Principal Park restrooms:
- All exterior doors will be propped open at all times to eliminate extra touch points and to easily recognize any instances where a line
may be forming.
- All multi-person use restroom facilities in the concourse have multiple doors that will be marked as “Entrance” and “Exit” for
continuous flow of traffic.
- Every other sink will be closed to allow for distancing in those spaces.
- Every operational sink will have a corresponding soap dispenser.
- Each restroom will received a treatment of disinfecting spray before and after each event.
- All restroom surfaces will get wiped down approximately once per hour while the ballpark is open for a special event.
Some stalls will be unavailable to eliminate potential congestion areas around hand dryers and paper towel dispensers. Due to existing partitions, consecutive stalls will be available within each restroom.
Every other urinal will be closed to allow for distancing.
Principal Park staff will continue to conduct thorough cleaning of restroom s and concessions stands before every public event as well as thorough removal and safe disposal of trash from public areas. Additionally, there will be:
- Periodic pressure washing of concourse and seating bowl during the year.
- Daily high-intensity hosing of all seating areas and concourse.
- Daily vacuum and surface cleaning in every skybox suite.
- Daily surface cleaning of doors and handrails plus mopping of floors in reception lobby and interior stairwell.
- Provide free access to hand sanitizing stations throughout the concourse.
- Following general cleaning, eco-friendly sanitizing spray will be used before and after every event in all restrooms, concession stands,
dugouts and elevators.
- Approximately once per hour, a staff member will wipe down frequently used surfaces in each restroom while the gates are open for
- Water fountains and self-service water stations will not be available.
Centerplate is the official concessions and hospitality partner of the Iowa Cubs. The Centerplate staff will be open to provide
concessions during events. Here are some important considerations and changes to what you may be used to with the concessions operation at Principal Park:
- No outside food or beverage will be allowed.
- Plexiglass dividers will be installed at all points of sale.
- Cash will NOT be accepted. We will accept debit or credit payments only.
- Menu items will be limited and packaged to allow for safe distancing for employees during the preparation process and then for both
employees and fans during the ordering and service process.
- All condiments, utensils, food and beverage items will come in single-use and closed containers.
- Physical distance floor markers for all line up areas.
- Pre- and post-event area sanitation standards developed following local health regulations.
- All staff wearing masks and gloves when physical distancing is a challenge or interaction with the public is required.
- Equipment sanitation before, during and after each shift.
- Hand sanitizer available for all guests and staff.
- Deep clean stands and equipment before and after every event.
More Valley Varsity Baseball Resources
Varsity Bound App
The Varsity Bound mobile app gives Valley High School sports fans a professional experience, providing users everything to follow the Tigers, size up the competition and see how Valley and our student-athletes stack up all season long.
Schedules, scores, news, rosters, stats for the Valley Tigers