The Valley High School girls’ varsity swimming team will compete at the Iowa high school state girls’ swimming and diving meet on Friday, Nov. 13, and Saturday, Nov. 14, at the Marshalltown YMCA.
Congratulations to the following Tigers for qualifying:
- Diving: Liz Noll, sophomore
- 200-Yard Freestyle: Morgan Hunt, junior; Annie Thiel, senior
- 200-Yard IM: Adeline Li, freshman, Kate VanZee, freshman
- 100-Yard Butterfly: Li
- 100-Yard Freestyle: Kristin He, junior
- 500-Yard Freestyle: Thiel; Allison He, freshman
- 100-Yard Backstroke: He, Hunt
- 100-Yard Breaststroke: He; VanZee; senior Grace Broderick
- 200-Yard Medley Relay
- 200-Yard Freestyle Relay
- 400-Yard Freestyle Relay
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and venue capacity limitations, no spectators will be allowed at this year’s meet, the Iowa Girls High School Athletic Union says. All competitors are required to wear a face mask in the YMCA gymnasium and when they are not competing in the pool. Coaches are also required to wear face masks at all times.
A pay-per-view livestream will be available on the IGHSAU Digital Network (www.watchighsau.org). Links to the three sessions will be posted by the IGHSAU later this week. The cost per session to view the stream is $10.
For more information about the state girls’ swimming and diving meet, please visit the IGHSAU’s website.
Good luck to these girls as they compete at State the next 2 days! A great group of girls who are going to do great. I'm proud to be their coach! pic.twitter.com/SuK0xegoAy
— Shawn DeBoef (@coach_deboef) November 13, 2020