The Valley High School junior varsity and varsity girls’ tennis teams will begin the 2021 season on Tuesday, April 6, when the Tigers host Ankeny Centennial.
The JV girls will play at the Crossroads Park Tennis Courts, and the varsity girls will be at the Valley Southwoods Tennis Courts. Both meets start at 4 p.m.
For spectators attending either of Tuesday’s events, here’s everything you need to know:
- Spectator attendance will be limited to immediate family only. Tickets for varsity sports are $5. Tickets for non-varsity sports are $4.
- Social distancing is a priority. Spectators are expected to maintain at least a 6-foot distance from others and to sit with their households. Spectators are encouraged to bring their own lawn chairs in order to socially distance themselves from others.
- Players and teams will socially distance themselves as much as possible when not in competition.
- Face masks must be worn at all times by players, coaches, event personnel, and spectators. Players may only remove their face masks when in competition.
- When possible, tennis balls will not be shared between competing teams.
Later this week, Valley will welcome Dowling Catholic on Thursday, April 8, and then travel to Johnston on Friday, April 9, for an invitational.
Varsity Bound App
The Varsity Bound mobile app gives Valley High School sports fans a professional experience, providing users everything to follow the Tigers, size up the competition and see how Valley and our student-athletes stack up all season long.
Schedules, scores, news, rosters, stats for the Valley Tigers